Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My confession.

I am decidedly bad at blogging.  I try to frequently update, but I forget.  Maybe I'm just decidedly absent-minded...

So, Hollander's class number three, Advanced Book Repair, was fun.  We did a lot of spine repairs and I got to practice some of the repairs I learned in the Basic Book Repair class.  I actually feel like I made one of the books I worked on look almost as good as new!  I'll try to post pictures soon.  I really should have taken before and after pictures.  Oh well.

School has picked up and I'm knee deep in homework.  Luckily I only have one paper to work on next week while I'm in sunny California!  I have a few meetings with libraries out there, so here's to hoping I'll at least have the hopes of a job when we move.

On a more fun note, I've been knitting a lot more lately.  It all started when I was trying to think of ideas for my grant proposal and was searching for pictures of owls.  That landed me on the Kelbourne Woolens site and a pattern for these super cute owl mittens.

While at the store, I found some other patterns that I wanted to work on, and then I got on Ravelry, and now I have 45 projects in my queue.  There goes my free time!  I'll be either bookbinding, boxmaking, or knitting/crocheting!

I've written about half of my grant proposal for my grantwriting class.  I completely made up the program and it's something that might actually get off the ground somewhere in the future if I decide it's something I want to do.  It's for an after-school arts program and coffee shop that would function as a gallery and a continual funding source for the program.

I've also been trying to get into the professional literature more, but it's so hard with the amount of work I have to do for classes.  I have a few feeds on my Google Reader, but they don't necessarily always capture my interest.  Any suggestions out there for good blogs/feeds to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment