Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm a real librarian!

Well, it's been a while, again.  I needed to take all the time I could to finish up coursework, fill out job applications, and spend time with friends before they left town.  Now I'm still in A2, still working at Taubman Health Sciences Library, but now, I'm a real librarian!

That's right, folks, I graduated.  I now have my MSI (Master of Science in Information) with a specialization in Library and Information Services.  I got to wear a super cool hood for graduation.  Also, President Obama came and spoke at the giant commencement in the Big House.  Pretty darn cool!!  The best part of the day, however, was this:


A friend of Steve's was clever and dubbed this picture "Chewbama."  What randomness to spot Chewbacca on the street on our way home from the stadium!

Job applications are going well.  I really feel that my time at Taubman really prepared me to work in most any academic library.  I think that I have been truly blessed here.  Most students don't get the kind of opportunities we get here at Taubman.   A few of us former/current students are even working on writing a journal article.  Cool, huh?

Well, I should get to work!  Hope all of you are staying warm and dry in this cold and rainy May!

1 comment: